Having dates on your WordPress posts can affect your bounce rates. But don’t fret, it is possible to remove the date from each of your WordPress Posts.I really wouldn’t suggest removing the dates if you run a sports website or your website syndicates news content. If you run a personal blog, finance blog, professional blog etc, taking off the dates can help you to improve your website’s bounce rates and further help your web visitors to share your content more.
If you know your way in and out of WordPress, there is this super cool plugin called the Date Exclusion SEO plugin, you can just download it, install it and activate it and you’ll be set to go!
1. In the Yourwebsite.com/wp-admin area, go to the plugin area and select ‘add new’
2. Inside the plugins search bar, type in ‘Date Exclusion SEO’ and then click on ‘search plugins’
3. It should be at the very top results. All you need to do is Click ‘Install Now’
4. You will have to activate the plugin so click ‘Activate Plugin’
5. Head over to the plugin settings area and click on ‘Date Exclusion Seo’ link
6. You will now be able to configure the page and also remove the dates from tag pages, posts, front page, categories etc. you also have the option to set the number of days you would like the dates to be visible.
7. After setting your preference, that’s it…Just click ‘save changes’ and just like that,- you will have no more dates on your blog posts.
Again, the date exclusion SEO plugin is a little cool plugin that will help you to increase the amount of time people spend on your website. It helps to reduce the bounce rate on your blog. The more time people spend on your website, the higher the value of your content becomes. Best of all, your website visitors will not be distracted by your WordPress post dates.
If Use Blogger For Your Blog….
How To Remove Dates From Your Blogger Posts
In order to remove the dates on your blogger posts, you will need to do the following:
1. Login toBlogger, access the Layout and Page Elements.
2. Choose the items you want to show up on your blogger posts by checking the boxes you want. This just helps to run the items on or off…
That’s all there really is to it! I hope this information has been helpful to you =)
Ultimate Blogging Guide | Contact/Hire Me